Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome to the magical world of Disney Yikes, thought I am writing an ad for Disney.

Just before 2010 was about to be over, I found myself (for nearly 2 days) listening to all Disney's songs. Most of it would be from the animated princesses movies such as Aladdin, Beauty & the Beast, Snow White & Cinderella.

Sometimes I believe that a little magical moment is not that bad after all. Those phrases uttered out in the lyrics are like pixie dust, falling down from the sky and giving me a brand new hope when it touches my skin.

And somewhere deep down inside every rainbow people, I am sure there is a little "princess" hidden in us. It's totally alright to feel that way once in a while.

The feeling of  being pampered, to live happily ever after and to wait for that prince charming to come (though the waiting game can be a pain in the a**). Yet, a princess still got to keep her poise.

It's alright, as it's a princess duty to have those reasons revolving her own fantasy life. Do you have a fantasy of your own too ?


So, was listening to all the songs and half way through, a female colleague of mine turned around and told me that she wouldn't want her kids to be watching all these cartoons (except for like Cars, Up & so on...) as it gives them false hope especially towards love and relationship.

Oh well, I still believe in the magic and for sure someday my prince will definitely come.

:)

p.s. By the way, "A dream is what your heart wishes for" quoted from Cinderella.

4 comments:

tuls said...

i watch UP and i cried so much... :( the part where she died...

savante said...

I always wanted the castle but always knew I could get it all on my own :)

Legolas said...

Ask your colleague to watch Enchanted, then she will believe in magical love.

Chen Xing said...

@tuls: Yup. Up indeed was very touching, almost cried. An animation full of life-learning lessons.

@savante: Well, then can have 2. Would be happier right ?

@Legolas: Ok, will do. Love Enchanted too.