Sunday, July 8, 2012

What a weekend.

Spent the past 2 days being productive.

Continuing with the cleaning of the house today.

This time, common area such as the living room, kitchen as well as the front porch. Took us the whole afternoon, changing the cushion covers, rearranging the furniture, and organizing stuff in the kitchen cabinet.

It's now, perfect and feels like a home now.

On a separate occasion, attended a friend's baby full-moon party/dinner yesterday. Little gathering which got me thinking, what's my life going to be 30 years down the road. Probably without any children, probably alone.

Hence, I got out today to meet a close friend of mine and catch-ed up on a lot of things over dinner. It's been almost 2 months since we last met, and we just ate & chatted at the same time.

Scrumptious meal, cosy ambience - I divulge in comfort food to feed my depression of being lonely. The tale of the friend's baby made its way to the conversation.


At one point, my friend said "Why don't you just adopt one ?". Will you, base on the following 2 scenarios:

  1. You are single. Will you adopt ?
  2. You are attached, will you and your partner adopt a child ?

12 comments:

soul232 said...

Yea, I had been considering to adopt one for a while d and I put 30 as the age to start or earlier no matter I'm single or not...so now, need to find someone who is okay with kid as well..hahaha =P

Leo Nut said...

Adopt when you are partnered and settled?.. I don't think i am capable of handling a child without someone beside me..

J-boy said...

hmm not sure how adoption works in this country but i have a feeling it's not easy for a single guy to file for adoption...

Danny said...

kids is not my thing..
i don't want to destroy other people's future juts becos i need some 'bekalan hari tua' ;p

JokerPJ said...

Dont really like kids >.<

But I do feel that its somewhat important to have a life partner... then again, planning is a must, financially speaking... lolllz

Chen Xing said...

@soul232: Hmm, but in Malaysia context, it will be tougher to adopt right especially it's from a single parent ? Single gay parent.

@Leo Nut: Hence you opt for a doggy ?

Hehe...

@J-boy: Yup, true.

@Danny: Then when you are old, how ? Nephews and nieces ?

@JokerPJ: Yup. I will discuss this with my partner. Eh, I don't have one now.

:(

soul232 said...

It is easier to adopt if u are a single parent than a gay couple. but as always, the system is pretty fucked up a bit..so even if u are a heterosexual couple, it still ain't easy

Chen Xing said...

@soul232: Yup, quite true. But a gay friend of mine, single, managed to adopt one.

Twohornschild said...

I want a child of my own. The surrogate thingy. If i ever mange to afford that. By the way..i have been listening to that piece of you tube for the last 3 days..and still loving it.

Chen Xing said...

@two horns child: The one in this entry ?

Twohornschild said...

Yeah...beyonce. Very drama of her but it works. Hahahah.....

Chen Xing said...

@two horns child: Hahah, ya. But then she's not really the top diva in my mind.

:)